9 in stock
Porter – All Grain Recipe Kit
Porter is a English beer style that has become very popular in recent times. A full bodied dark beer similar to a stout.
Expected Brew Figures: (Based on 80% mash efficiency):
ABV: Approx 4.8%
Volume: 23 L
3.4kg of Pilsner malt.
1.7kg of Munich Type 2 malt.
300g of Carafa Type 3 malt.
18g of Magnum hops.
13g of Northern Brewer hops.
25g of Tettnang hops.
1x M/J Empire Ale Yeast
1. Mash in with 16L of water @ 50 degrees C. Rest 20mins.
2. Raise temp to 64 degrees C. Rest 60mins.
3. Raise temp to 72 degrees C. Rest 20mins.
4. Raise temp to 76 degrees C. Rest 5 mins.
5. Sparge with 14L of water
6. Boil for 120mins.
7. Add 18g of magnum hops @60mins.
8. Add 13g of Northern brewer hops @15 mins.
9. Add 25g of tetting at 5 mins.
10. Whirlpool for 20 mins.
(Whirlpooling; Turn the boil off and either stirring fast/recirculate so it "whirlpools" for the duration).
11. Ferment for 7-10 days at 18-22 degrees C with M/J Empire Ale Yeast.
12. Bottle or keg as usual.
Loyalty points: 21
Porter - All Grain Recipe Kit
NZ Owned & operated
anywhere in NZ
All prices are shown in NZD and include GST. unless stated otherwise.
Home Brew West GST No: 101791157